cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How-to documentation for Integrity applications

byoung
1-Newbie

How-to documentation for Integrity applications

I've been poring over all the Integrity 10 manuals looking for a guide that helps you through typical applications. For example, if I want to create a tracker for a new purpose, what are the steps I need to go through front-to-finish. What do I need to be sure to include in my dev process?

Current documentation tends to follow the features: and how you use this feature or that. Generally speaking, it doesn't explain how the features interrelate and what sequence is important to follow for various functionality you want to create.

Best practices stuff. That's what I'm looking for.

I checked amazon.com to see if anybody is publishing a book like this, but didn't find anything. Any of you writing the book?

1 REPLY 1

Hello Bob,

The biggest reason for not having PTC-provided documentation guiding through how-to processes is because the diverse customer base using Integrity each have their own solution enabling and enforcing business logic specific to their needs. For example, I have no idea what you mean by "tracker" but I assume it is a custom item type in your solution and no other organization has the same object.

You are right that the PTC documentation explains the features individually since that is really all we know about. Someone once said Integrity was like a box of Lego and I think that was an apt description. We explain how piece 1 connects to piece 2 but don't have a manual with step-by-step instructions to build a house. One person's house may not be suitable for another.

Going further than the plain product documentation, I can think of a few options to get closer to what you want:

1. The PTC Learning Connector has over 100 tutorial videos for various functionality.
  2. This forum is a great place to connect with other real-world users of Integrity who may have a similar business process to yours and can give some tips.
  3. Integrity Technical Support started building and exposing more knowledgebase articles to customers when solving cases. The descriptions and resolution steps of these articles are more focused on the product terminology but if you can translate "tracker" to also mean "item type" then you might find some useful answers.
  4. The PTC Global Services Organization has people who are familiar with the different industry compliance standards and implementations for specific needs. They normally entail a cost for their consultation.

Hope that helps.

Top Tags