cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to get user confirmation from a script?

ptc-4671175
1-Newbie

How to get user confirmation from a script?

Hey all,

In one the scripts I'm working on I would like to get the user's confirmation on wether or not to perform an action. To explain the background a little: when a user moves a certain item to a completed state, I want to run a check on all that item's children and if those are not yet completed, *ask* the user if he wants integrity to move them to completed for him/her.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to present the user with a popup in his/her GUI, ask him a YES / NO question and capture the result in my script?

Possibly relevant info: We're running Integrity 10.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:matt_giltaji)

Hello Douwe, Matt,

There is an enhancement request for this functionality. A case is required to attach you to the RFC.

Please contact Integrity support. To expedite this for the Technical Support Engineers, please let them know this enhancement request is called "Allow triggers to accept and make use of user input".

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I have searched for this "user input to a trigger" type functionality since 2009 SP3 (we are now on 10.1) and not seen anything yet.

Our use case is similar to yours, in certain situations we want to "warn" the user of something but let the operation complete (instead of aborting with the abort message).

Would an official PTC representative please point us in the right direction for this functionality or add us to the RFC for creating this?

Thanks,

Matt

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:matt_giltaji)

Hello Douwe, Matt,

There is an enhancement request for this functionality. A case is required to attach you to the RFC.

Please contact Integrity support. To expedite this for the Technical Support Engineers, please let them know this enhancement request is called "Allow triggers to accept and make use of user input".

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hello Michael,

Thank you very much. I will open a new case and contain the information of both this topic and the enhancement request, so they can match the case with the request.

Thanks for the info, and I wish you merry holidays!

Regards,

Douwe

Top Tags