cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to migrate from Integrity2009+MS SQL 2005 to Integrity10+ORACLE

和大坂
1-Newbie

How to migrate from Integrity2009+MS SQL 2005 to Integrity10+ORACLE

Hi all,

My name is Kazuhiko Osaka.

I'm an administrator of Integrity Server in my department.

I must migrate from Integrity2009 + MS SQL 2005 to Integrity10 + ORACLE.

Do you have any idea for such migration?

Any comment will be appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hello Ozaka-san, Binesh,

For more information, please see CS159657:  Where to get Integrity Database Utilities, and CS136276: Migrating Integrity Database to New Platform.  The short version is that you'll need to contact PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Support to get the proper utlity, and discuss this with them.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

We have database utilities in Integrity  to do convert database backend. Please refer to Copy Database utility from http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156959/en/dbutils_readme.htm

You have to check the same for your specif version

Thanks

Binesh

Barry Wehmiller

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Ozaka-san, Binesh,

For more information, please see CS159657:  Where to get Integrity Database Utilities, and CS136276: Migrating Integrity Database to New Platform.  The short version is that you'll need to contact PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Support to get the proper utlity, and discuss this with them.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Thanks Kael for the update. We did an Oracle to SQL a few months ago on 10.4. I was not sure from where we received. I have one question for you, if you could assist - we have a fairly large database and would like to move to SQL Server (>1.4 TB), are you aware of any issues with this utility in handling large databases?

Thanks

Binesh

Hello Binesh, Kael,

Thank you for your reply. I will check Integrity Database Utilities and come back soon!

Reagrds,

Kazuhiko

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Binesh,

To my knowledge, the utility should work fine, even with a very large database.  It's actually the utility our Global Services Team uses to perform database migrations, not something that PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Support often uses.  We wouldn't give it to any customers if we had significant concerns about it, though.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags