cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to rule out specific field in type editability

bson21
9-Granite

How to rule out specific field in type editability

Hello

A type can have many fields and has editability rule

I wish rule out specific field(of course belong to type visible field) from type editability

Is there any smart way to implement?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:bson21)

So, you want to be able to edit one specific field, while the rest of the item is not-editable or the other way around?

There's no easy way to allow users to edit one field, but not the rest of the item. You'd have to have editability rules on each of the fields to prevent them from being edited, and allow editing for the type. 

If you just want to limit editing of one field, that's much easier - only one editability rule on that field to create.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:bson21)

So, you want to be able to edit one specific field, while the rest of the item is not-editable or the other way around?

There's no easy way to allow users to edit one field, but not the rest of the item. You'd have to have editability rules on each of the fields to prevent them from being edited, and allow editing for the type. 

If you just want to limit editing of one field, that's much easier - only one editability rule on that field to create.

bson21
9-Granite
(To:awalsh)

Hello Awalsh

Yes, I have a trouble to rule out specific field from type editability.

becuase I want to make free editable field such as "comment" for everybody and state.

A type has many fields so I should release type rule and make rule for each field.

that is very annoying work and low performance behavior 🤔

but now I realize that is the only way by your reply.

Thank you for your reply

Top Tags