cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to set up Test Management features on an existing system?

mcrumpler-2
1-Newbie

How to set up Test Management features on an existing system?

Hello,

I have been set as a local administrator for PTC Integrity. Our group currently uses Integrity for source control and issue tracking. Recently, I've learned of Test Management features available within PTC Integrity, and I would like to integrate these features to improve the efficiency of our testing process.

I have rights to modify the Admin Server, but the physical server is half a world away.

If I go to "Content" and "Insert" is grayed out. Are there features or additional content that needs to be installed? Again, I would really like to roll this out and I have no idea where to start.

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

the best option is to utilize PTC consulting for a day and let them explain Test Management in Integrity to you. Furthermore, they can check within this day how the Test Management setup is already complete (if it is installed at all) and what you may have to do to get it working.

From my own perspective this one day for half introduction and half system check is really worth.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:mcrumpler-2)

Test Management is not a feature that is simply turned on. It's part of a "solution" that has to be carefully configured and actively managed. This is a big topic and it's impossible to provide you with help without knowing the details of your configuration.

If you have "no idea where to start", then I recommend very strongly that you get administrator training and also support from your other administrators. With the server "half a world away", I suspect it is company-wide, that there must be a central administration group, and that what you do as admin will affect the whole company.

I was afraid it wouldn't be that simple. Even though our individual sites utilize Integrity in various ways, we do have a main admin, whom sadly knows very little about this solution. The other sites are interested in Test Management, so I will look into the administrator training and try to collaborate with the other admins. Thank you for your help.

Hi Matt,

the best option is to utilize PTC consulting for a day and let them explain Test Management in Integrity to you. Furthermore, they can check within this day how the Test Management setup is already complete (if it is installed at all) and what you may have to do to get it working.

From my own perspective this one day for half introduction and half system check is really worth.

Regards

Oh wow! That sounds like a great idea. Thank you.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mcrumpler-2)

Hi Matthew Crumpler‌,

Thanks for participating in the Integrity Community!  It looks like some of the posts above have the potential to help you.  When you make further progress, could you mark the one that got you to a successful solution as the Correct Answer?  If it turns out they were all dead ends, please let us know, and we'll try to help you further.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags