cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Integration of MKS into MATLAB Simulink

ptc-5188463
1-Newbie

Integration of MKS into MATLAB Simulink

Hi,

I'm a student from germany working on the integration of MKS into MATLAB Simulink. Via google I found out that there is a possibility to directly link Simulink Blocks to requirements in MKS, but it seems there is an addin or something similar needed (called mksmathworks.exe), to accomplish this integration. My Version of MATLAB meets all the requirements mentioned in this document

ftp://ftp.mks.com/pub/support/integritysoln2009/integrations/Mathworks/readme.htm

and I'm owning a full license of MKS Integrity 2009.

Is there anybody who can tell me how to conduct this integration of MKS into MATLAB and where I can get this mksmathworks.exe, mentioned in the link above.

Many thanks in advance

Niklas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5188463)

Hello Niklas,

Please go to the Integrity Software Downloads Page, and drill down to:

<Your Release> -> Integrity <Your Release> Features -> Most Recent Datecode -> Integrity-<YourRelease>-Mathworks-Integration

Where <Your Release> is the version of Integrity you are using.

Click on the HTTPS button on the same line to start downloading the Mathworks Integration.

Unpack and enjoy!

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-5188463)

Hello Niklas,

Please go to the Integrity Software Downloads Page, and drill down to:

<Your Release> -> Integrity <Your Release> Features -> Most Recent Datecode -> Integrity-<YourRelease>-Mathworks-Integration

Where <Your Release> is the version of Integrity you are using.

Click on the HTTPS button on the same line to start downloading the Mathworks Integration.

Unpack and enjoy!

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks, that was the file i was looking for!

But sadly another problem opened up.

After installing the Mathworks-Integration, I tried to synchronize one of my existing simulink Models with MKS via the Simulink menu MKS Integrity -> Synchronize Model. It started synchronizing, but suddenly the synchronizing window disappears and in the MATLAB Command Window the following error is displayed:

DEBUG: MKS157416: MKS157416 No valid types for prefix "model.mathworks" and type property "model.mathworks.type" set to true.

Command cancelled by user.

MKS:mksapi:CommandCancelledException

Does anybody have an idea where that error comes from?

Many thanks in advance!

Niklas

I found this was resolved by making sure you have access rights to modify the model document types. this can be done by your admin... you might want to create a group with access, then add you name(s) to it.

Kris

I have encountered the same problem, do you know how to modify model document types? Can you give steps for resolving this problem? Thank you very much.

Top Tags