cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Integrity 11 how to see if SCCM data are stored on file system or database

md'ambrosio
8-Gravel

Integrity 11 how to see if SCCM data are stored on file system or database

Hi all,

I'be been requested to perform an assessment.

They have SCCM server (source code), but they don't know if data are on the database or not.

Which is the best way to understand where data are?

Thanks Martina

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Martina,

There are three locations for source artifacts:

1. "RCS" File system only (Legacy repository not available in Integrity 10+)

2. Database Backend:

- All customers on Integrity 10+ will have most if not all of their source artifacts stored here

3. File Vaulting: (Filesystem)

- This was a newer feature released in 10.7 or 10.8. It allows "Store By Reference" (usually binary files) to be stored on the file system in the "vault". vaulting can be enabled for certain projects or globally but can not be used to store text revisions that are stored by delta. (In other words, the vault is always used in conjunction with the Database backend). To see if vaulting is enabled go to <server>\config\properties\si.properties and look for property: si.vault.enable=true . (More info: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS220800)

So in summary, since the version is Integrity 11, they will be using Database back-end. If vaulting is not enabled in si.properties, all source artifacts are in the database. If vaulting is enabled, you will have to read the vaulting document and then see if vaulting is globally enabled or just for certain projects.

I hope this helps!
-Andrew

Yes, it helps a lot.

I will check the si.vault.enable properties that, as you said, will be almost certainly set to false.

I started with Integrity 10. I've seen the RCS file system mentioned somewhere but now it is clear that it does not  apply in my case.

Many thanks

Martina 

Top Tags