cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Integrity ANSI C API

abattaglia
1-Newbie

Integrity ANSI C API

Hi All,

I am writing an application with Qt in C++ and I need to interface it with Integrity 10 to store and version some XML files.

I have seen there is a Command Line API, so with the use of Process/Thread I can make system calls to execute the desired commands.

This one way. I have also seen anyhow there is an ANCI C API. Having the library and/or the source file I could add them to the projects

and call the funtions directly. Questions:

1 - Where can I download the ANCI C API source files and/or libraries for windows and/or linux?

2 - Which are pro/cons for for the two solution?

By experience I can say that system call are not the best way to interact with another application, but is there anything else I have to take into account?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Antonino

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:abattaglia)

Hello Antonino Battaglia‌,

The documentation for the ANSI C API is on your server's home page (http[s]://<serverName>:<serverPort>), as described in CS176684.

You should also refer to the Integration Builder's Guide for your release.  This link will take you to programmer specific documentation for each release, including that guide.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags