cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Integrity Lifecycle Manager 12.1. Java API cannot fetch requirement with image.

cpellegrini
4-Participant

Integrity Lifecycle Manager 12.1. Java API cannot fetch requirement with image.

It is not possible to fetch an item containing an image with the Java API. A com.mks.api.response.CommandException: mks.frame.app.ui.ViewException is thrown.

Fetching is done by exectuting a viewissue query with the cmdRunner. I use API Version 4.16.2671.

Did anyone experience a similar problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Hey cpellegrini,

It looks like you have a Support case open for this too, already, so hopefully they get this sorted with you. 

What is the rest of the ViewException error/stack?  Any other info shown there?  That may be helpful.

Hey,

Yes I opened a support case as I wasn't sure where is the right place for this question. But so far the problem isn't solved. 

Interesting to know might be that the error includes a field exception-name with value "common.ViewFailed" and a response containing parameters of the workitem we are trying to fetch.

I do not have a stacktrace with additional information.

aspaans
4-Participant
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hello Michael 

I have the identical issue: 

We execute via the Java API (mksapi-jar-4.16.1413) the VIEWISSUE command with the following options: --showHistoryWithIndirectEdits --showBranches --showLabels <id>. (This can be a Document or a requirement type) 

the moment the type contains an reverence to an image the CmdRunner.execute(..) returns a CommandException exit code 128 "general command exception" and containing a ViewException. With some debugging I found in the CommandException.getResult a NullPointerException is contained. My assumption is that this is problem within the Java library and not in the Integrity Server return values. Attached is the Debugging output, with the NullPointer on the end. 

So far this is behavior can be reproduced if a document has an image in its description, or if a requirement contains an image. 

Our use case is the following: 

we pull an issue with its history and the edited fields (field:text) primarily and analyse that Content for natural language quality issues. The --showHistoryWithIndirectEdit option is perfect for this perfect. 

We do not get the CommandException if we use the --ShowHistory or --showHistoryWithComputedField But this does not deliver the data we need. The --noShowAttachment option does not help either. 

If you have any ideas, input it is very appreciated. 

Top Tags