cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Integrity10 Server, install or import war-file (JavaEE WebApp)

ptc-6841888
1-Newbie

Integrity10 Server, install or import war-file (JavaEE WebApp)

Hello everyone,

i wrote an Java EE web-application that communicates via the Java API with our Intergrity-Server.

This Application works on my locale JBoss or Tomcat Server fine.

Now i want to put this application on our Integrity-server, but i do not know how that works.

I searched in the installation path of the integrity server, there i found many .war-files.

I also tried some paths, but noone works.

I hope i get help here.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-6841888)

I'm not sure about whole WAR files, but I know you can put custom files under <IntegrityServer Root>/data/.

Typically, JSP files will go in some subfolder of public_html, and JAR and classes go under java.

You have to restart the service for changes to take effect for java (not web files).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello Berislav,

I am not a coding expert so I do not know if a Java EE web application is any different from a regular Java class/utility. In a different thread I had posted some example code I use when troubleshooting API connection issues. See the first try{} block for the connection set-up:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/231044#231044

Note that having an external API utility requires having a copy of the mksapi.jar included in your classpath to make use of the connection methods for Integrity. You can find a copy of this in either the Integrity Server or Client (client jar location is generally C:\Program Files (x86)\Integrity\IntegrityClient10\lib\mksapi.jar).

Hello Joseph,

first thank you for answering my question.

The problem is not the connection to integrity, its also not an Integrity api problem.

An Java web application have to run on an server.

The application is an website which have buttons and text output and so on.

When it run on a server more users can use the same application, via for example localhost:7001/myaplication.jsp

The Integrity Server is a kind of jBoss or TomCat, where you can put your application (jsp- or .war(compressed) file) in the installation directory of the integrity server and then start it like mentioned before.

My question is where i have to put the application (my jsp files or my .war file)

Thanks for the clarification, Berislav. That is not a customization I am familiar with, but perhaps one of the PTC Global Services people or someone else who has done this before can respond to the thread.

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

I'm not sure about whole WAR files, but I know you can put custom files under <IntegrityServer Root>/data/.

Typically, JSP files will go in some subfolder of public_html, and JAR and classes go under java.

You have to restart the service for changes to take effect for java (not web files).

We already have some jsp files woring on the server. They are at the public_html folder.

I do not need to put the whole .war-file on the server, i can put the jsp and class files.

@Laurent Lawton you mean the java class files under public_html/java/example.class ?

I will try to put the whole project (jsp and class files and war file) it in a subfolder of the public_html folder and restart the server.

I hope it works.

Thank you in advance.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Berislav,

Please let us know how it goes!

If Laurent or Joe's suggestion helped you resolve this issue, please mark the solution as Correct Answer, so that anyone else running across this problem can find it in a search.

If not, please let us know how it helped you get further, and what challenges you still face. If the answer partially helped, you can always mark what helped as a Helpful Answer.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

ok i will do, when i tried, this will be next week i think.

Best regards

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

I haven't tried it myself, but I wouldn't put everything under public_html.

I would put the JSP under public_html, but the rest would go under data/jars for JAR files, and under data/classes for class files.

I've never seen implementations that used class files individually. Of course, if your classes are in jar files, don't break them up.

The jsp Files are importing the class Files.

If i put all class files under data/classes, do i have to change my import statement ?

For example jsp import <%@ page import="at.main.MyClass" %>

This means that my class is in the folder at/main/MyClass

Do i have to change this in

<%@ page import="MyClass" %> or

<%@ page import="data.classes.MyClass" %> ?

I will try this all next week then i will post my result.

Thank you

Ok. Today i tired this. After putting jar files in data/java/jars and class files under data/java/classes/my/package/path/example.class , the jsp file did not found them (exception when i start the jsp). But after restarting the server this message was gone. So i think the right answer is from Laurent Lawton.

I still have one Problem now, because the jsp file shows me antoher error.

I am using an Sigleton which i import to the jsp-file, but when i initial it: Sigleton.getInstance() i get an NoClassDefFoundError. This can be cause there is an Error in my static initialisation, but the problem is on my local-server this error do not show up and the application runs normal.

Could it be that i have to put some additional jar file in the data/java/jars folder, maybe some "standard" jars that my local server already had inclued?

Best regards

Top Tags