cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is there a CLI for setting policies for projects ?

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

Is there a CLI for setting policies for projects ?

I'm trying to automate the process for setting policies for our releases. I'm referring to policies that are setup when using the Admin Gui under the Configuration Management folder.

Message was edited by: Hector Magnanao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:hmagnanao)

Hello Hector,

After discussion with some senior colleagues here, I think you probably want to use the si copypolicysection command, also documented in the link Peter gave above. This is a command new to 10.6, so if you're not on 10.6, you can't really copy it.

Please let us know if that gets you on the right track, or if you're still stuck.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pmerkle
5-Regular Member

There is a CLI command "si setpolicysection".

For details see the attached documentation.

I was looking at the documentation and it doesn't have a policy for branching. I'd like to use it with a template that is already defined for a policy.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Hector,

Just to make sure I understand, are you talking about configuring policies for users and groups on a project and sub-project basis? Or are you talking about trying to use one user's/group's ACL configuration as a template for another group's?

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

We have created a template for a branching policy for users on a project and I was wondering how to use that template branching policy in a CLI whenever we want to apply it to a new project.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Hector,

After discussion with some senior colleagues here, I think you probably want to use the si copypolicysection command, also documented in the link Peter gave above. This is a command new to 10.6, so if you're not on 10.6, you can't really copy it.

Please let us know if that gets you on the right track, or if you're still stuck.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Top Tags