cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there a possibility to automatically teach PTC Integrity client to selective resync only a few subprojects from a sandbox?

gandriescu
4-Participant

Is there a possibility to automatically teach PTC Integrity client to selective resync only a few subprojects from a sandbox?

I have a sandbox with multiple subprojects. I want to automatically re synchronize only a group of selected subprojects. Is there a possibility to do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Gabriel,

There is no mechanism to automatically refresh a sandbox or portion of a sandbox, though the sandbox does change the file decorators to notify you if there are newer revisions on the server. Given these visual notifiers, you can selectively resync a subproject by selecting it and pressing 'F6' or selecting Resynchronize from the Member menu.

If you have a sandbox which will not change often, you could create a script to resynchronize a given subproject within it using CLI commands:

si resync --sandbox=C:\Sandbox\or\subsandbox\location\project.pj --norecurse

The above command will resync only that project location. If you wish to resync recursively you can use --recurse instead. For more options with the si resync command, type 'si resync --usage'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Gabriel,

There is no mechanism to automatically refresh a sandbox or portion of a sandbox, though the sandbox does change the file decorators to notify you if there are newer revisions on the server. Given these visual notifiers, you can selectively resync a subproject by selecting it and pressing 'F6' or selecting Resynchronize from the Member menu.

If you have a sandbox which will not change often, you could create a script to resynchronize a given subproject within it using CLI commands:

si resync --sandbox=C:\Sandbox\or\subsandbox\location\project.pj --norecurse

The above command will resync only that project location. If you wish to resync recursively you can use --recurse instead. For more options with the si resync command, type 'si resync --usage'.

Hi Joe.

Thanks for your answer. This is what I did and I have created a batch file with multiple resync commands for the respective subprojects. I was wondering if there is a more elegant solution.

All the best,

Gabriel

Top Tags