cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there a way to globally search and replace strings across documents.

rteifke
8-Gravel

Is there a way to globally search and replace strings across documents.

Is there a way to globally search and replace strings across documents. I have about 300 parameters that now have to be slightly modified in about 80 test suites. Can this be done either using the GUI or through the command line?

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:rteifke)

Hello Richard,

This is not currently possible.  The closest request to it would be RFC 101910, which would do global search and replace within a document.  If that feature were implemented, the likely workaround would be to do it on a document by document basis, and so you would likely need a CLI script to batch process all or a subset of your documents. Please contact PTC Integrity Support if you wish to be associated with this enhancement request.  Please also make it clear that you would like this functionality to be available from the CLI if that is important to your organization.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hi Richard,

I am designing right now a custom solution, which might help you as well.

Can you tell me the following:

- you talk about the parameter values?

- they are on Test Suite level?

- You like to mass replace all values ABC by BCD on all test suites in a particual project?

Is this what you want?

Volker

BaluSri
6-Contributor
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

Replying to an old topic. Do you have this search and replace across a document  or across several documents functionality implemented in any way? Please let us know.

blercher
4-Participant
(To:rteifke)

Hi Richard,

we have a similar issue to search/replace stringds in requirements, specifications and testsuits.

Our solution was as follows:

1 query about all required items

2 customize columns to view the necessary fields

3 use the function Export Items to Excel from items menu

4 delete all columns in Excel we don't need

5 build the cli command within Excel in own column

6 copy/paste the build cli command in terminal

I don't know parameters, perhaps there our way is not approriate

Top Tags