cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Item Tagging (My Favorites) Custom Solution

kjain2
14-Alexandrite

Item Tagging (My Favorites) Custom Solution

Introduction:-

Item tagging is a custom developed solution which helps user to mark their own favorite items which could be an document, item or even individual content without any manual efforts. (As we know user can always make their own query but it's not easy for everyone to make their own query definition from day 1 of working with Windchill RV&S)

This is a java based customized solution which can be executed by any user and no precondition is required.

Use Case:-
Windchill RV&S has the option to mark any query as user own favorite query and this is an OOTB solution provided by PTC. But in this condition entire query result will be displayed.

E.g. Let’s say user X marks “All Test Plan” as his/her favorite query then whenever user X will open his/her favorite query “All Test Plan” will be displayed but at the end entire query result items are user X favorite items.

We need an possibility where User X can choose any of document/content/item which he/she has permission as his/her favorite, independent of type of item.

User X is going in a meeting or discussion where it requires an discussion on 3-4 different item types. And User X wants to get all those items in single view or single query result for time being.

*** Advanced use case is also covered where individual user can also have possibility to make multiple favorites like "My Favorites Test Suite", "My Favorites Test Session", "My Favorites User Story" etc. depends on individual need.

Looking forward to see how you're handling this at your side or this is also an use case at your side? Feel free to drop comments or PM for more details.

Vielen Dank / Many Thanks,
Kapil Jain

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags