cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Need Support for Batch Copying Test Sessions

kshades
1-Newbie

Need Support for Batch Copying Test Sessions

Currently there is no supported feature to copy multiple test sessions. Is there a workaround for this, perhaps a trigger a custom user action I could develop? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Specifically, I'd like to select multiple test sessions and copy them with the same or default fields (doesn't really matter, will be batch edited later).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the answer helped to clarify the ability to batch copy is available. I ended up creating a .js trigger which created test sessions based on an item list. I wasn't able to implement a java version using custom actions, but this solution works fine for my needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Keleb,

usually, I solve such tasks with a small custom program, written in Java. The Java code will read the selected items (Test Sessions), and can copy them easily. The beauty with this approach would be to be able to make also specific corrections or additions, such as setting dedicated fields to special values (e.g. the state), or validating additional fields if they fulfill certain rules before copying them.

To code the Java program, you will need a developer with specific Integrity coding knowledge.

Hope this helps.

Volker

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Kaleb, Did Volker's response help you out? If not, feel free to ask questions to try to clarify. If it did, please let us know! You can mark his answer as Correct Answer, so that anyone else running across this problem can find it in a search or asHelpful Answer if it helped, but didn't get you all the way to your solution.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Yes, the answer helped to clarify the ability to batch copy is available. I ended up creating a .js trigger which created test sessions based on an item list. I wasn't able to implement a java version using custom actions, but this solution works fine for my needs.

Top Tags