cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Parsing through traces in Gateway export to Word?

pnewhook
8-Gravel

Parsing through traces in Gateway export to Word?

Hey all,

I've created a gateway template to export requirements to a Word document, and its working well.  However when I generate traceability such as 'Satisfied By' or 'Verified By' links, gateway will just print out the ID of the trace link, or a list of IDs if there are more than one trace.

Is it possible to, instead of jutt listing the trace ID numbers, to list additional fields in that trace such as Category and Text?

Thanks!

An example: Right now me export generates a list of requirements like:

Section: 1.1

Text:

The manipulator shall ....

Satisfied By:

But I would instead like:

Section: 1.1

Text:

The manipulator shall ....

Satisfied By:

(ID)          (Category)           (Text)

17612     System Test          Test variation in steady state speed...

17614     Acceptance Test     ....

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Perry,

we from PTC Consulting have developed different enhancements for the Integrity Gateway.

One of them is a trace utility, allowing us to retrieve any data from traced items, and print them out together with the base data. This utility is transparent to the end users, this means, all Integrity Gateway standard functionality persists, and will be enriched by specific custom functions.

Those utilities are called Field Developed Objects, and are part of PTCs asset library for implementation projects.

Please talk to your PTC Consulting Sales representative and ask them about the Custom Gateway Enhancement for the Integrity Lifecycle Manager.

Thank you

Volker

Hello Perry & Volker:

As your says when you generate traceability such as 'Satisfied By' or 'Verified By' links, gateway will just print out the ID of the trace link, or a list of IDs if there are more than one trace. but i config a coustomize field ,there has nothing print out,does it need other config?

Hello JIang,

you are right, in Gateway default only the IDs are exported. Additional Java code is required to enhance the Gateway in this point (see my comment above).

Regrading a new custom field. I assume the field is assigned to the type and contains data.

Check the following:

- Is this field set up in the Gateway mapping file? If not, add it.

- Is the field part of the Word Template? If not, add it.

Then, any custom field should be exported accordingly.

Volker

Top Tags