cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Possible to do conditional formatting in Word using "Reference Mode" field value?

ptc-4671678
1-Newbie

Possible to do conditional formatting in Word using "Reference Mode" field value?

Hi everyone,

We use the Integrity Gateway to export document content to Word, and users are requesting conditional formatting based on the content item's Reference Mode value.

For example, if the content is "Author" or "Reuse" it should display one way, with certain fields, in Word. But if the content item is in "Share" mode, it should display slightly different fields, or use different format.

I've tried both of these if clauses, to no avail (item is either completely ignored for output, or just defaults to the other conditional format).

<%elseif ( {Category} == "Feature") and ( {Reference Mode } == "2" ) %>

<%elseif ( {Category} == "Feature") and ( {Reference Mode } == "Share" ) %>

The "Reference Mode" value can be output into a Word document, but it seems like you can't use it in logical comparisons. Just wanted to see if anyone else has tried this.

Thanks in advance.

Christine

1 REPLY 1
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4671678)

Hi Christine,

have you checked the following:

1. the field must be part of the gateway mapping

2. The field might have a different name in the database (the one you need to use in the Word Template) and a display name. Sometimes you have e.g. a solution Prefix like e.g. "RQ_Reference Mode" in your database name.

3. I'm not completely sure, that your if-clause is able to handle spaces in fieldnames. I'd give it a try with surrounding quotes.

HTH Matthias

Top Tags