cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Setting requirements categories based on object type

pnewhook
8-Gravel

Setting requirements categories based on object type

Is there any way in Requirements Connector to set the requirement Category type based on the Object type?  Instead of a one to one relationship between requirement type to document container, DOORS NG uses multiple object types within a container.  So a Header would be a Heading Object type, a Comment would be a Information Object type, etc. PTC Integrity achieves this with a Category field.

But once I refactor a multiple object type ReqIF file to something Integrity can read, I don't see a way to set the Category to reflect the above different Object types.  

Anyone know of a way?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi pnewhook,

I don't believe this is possible, as IRC currently only supports the one object type, hence, why you need to refactor to begin with during import:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS280996

You may want to open a Support case with the Integrity Requirements Connector support team, to confirm, and see if this has changed, as I haven't used IRC in awhile.

IRC has supported multiple object types since 3.1 (confirmed in the link you provided).  I'm now using 3.4

Top Tags