cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Setup sandbox with the content of a "change package review"

mwarmers
1-Newbie

Setup sandbox with the content of a "change package review"

Hello,

my task is to conduct a review on a 'change package'. The repository consists of source code.

What I have found is: There are activities applicable to individual files which are members of the change package, e.g. view the differences between the changed file and its predecessor.

What I have not found, but which is something I need:

Creation of a sandbox which includes the files to be reviewed. I guess this must be possible, but how to do it seems not being obvious.

Creating this sandbox is required to be able to compile and link the new code, in order to run test-programs and language-checkers as well as generating some source code statistics.

Who could help?

Regards

Michael

1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mwarmers)

Hello Michael Warmers‌,

I'd expect you'd want something along the lines of a sandbox created from the last checkpoint of the particular development path the change is on, and all change packages applied since then up to the change package you are reviewing. From a CLI point of view, you'd want to run the following (with additional arguments):

1. si createsandbox making sure to specify the correct project, development path, and checkpoint
  2. si resyncCP specifying the change package without a propagation change package to propagate the changes to the sandbox

Sandbox should now contain the latest code committed on the development path and all of the code required for the relevant change package.

References & Further Reading:

I hope that helps.  I'm sure people who regularly perform code review will have some additional tips.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Announcements

Top Tags