cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Strange issue attempting to install FlexNet on Windows Server 2012 R2

mmains-2
1-Newbie

Strange issue attempting to install FlexNet on Windows Server 2012 R2

Hello, I'm completely new with Integrity, although I've done quite a bit of reading through the client and server administration guides. I'm including details of the install that may not be relevant just in case they are.

The main issue here is that FlexNet appears to not install correctly/successfully. The GUI launches to perform the install and I specify the path. All that ends up being created there is essentially an uninstall folder and some log files. There's no sign of lmadmin.exe and when I check the box near the end of the FlexNet install to run the service now, the browser opens with the port I specified, but it is the typical "unreachable" page.

In attempting to setup Integrity Server to interact with an Integrity Client on the same machine, different drives, I've hit a snag installing FlexNet. I follow the directions specified in the ReadMe. First off, running the setup.bat results in an "Installer UI Mode Error":

"The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent."

I found cases online where this had happened to others using FlexNet, and ended up calling the lmadmin-setup.exe directly, with the -i GUI set, to get the installation to proceed.

I have noticed in the PDF documentation provided with FlexNet that under "System Requirements for lmadmin" the most recent Windows Server supported is 2008. If this is the case, that would explain the failed install, but I would expect it to just detect the OS version in use and refuse to proceed with the installer instead of silently and bizarrely failing.

Any and all advice pointing me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You are correct - the version of Flexnet Publisher currently bundled with the Integrity Server installer is not compatible with Windows Server 2012. Article CS176069 in our knowledgebase covers this scenario and recommends installing a newer version of Flexnet Publisher as a workaround (article contains the links and instructions necessary).

For convenience, here is a link to the PTC eSupport Portal Search page, with the product filters for Integrity already in the URL in case you want to bookmark it for future use.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You are correct - the version of Flexnet Publisher currently bundled with the Integrity Server installer is not compatible with Windows Server 2012. Article CS176069 in our knowledgebase covers this scenario and recommends installing a newer version of Flexnet Publisher as a workaround (article contains the links and instructions necessary).

For convenience, here is a link to the PTC eSupport Portal Search page, with the product filters for Integrity already in the URL in case you want to bookmark it for future use.

Thank you. The clarification is much appreciated. I had found Article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS139596‌ which didn't seem to specifically discount 2012. A newer version of Flexnet worked just fine.

Top Tags