cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Synchronize a Simulink-Model

ptc-6828309
1-Newbie

Synchronize a Simulink-Model

Hello everybody,

I am new to PTC Integrity and MKS Matlab Integration, so I want to know if it is possible to synchronize only the submodule from a Simulink-model without anything else under this layer.

By the way, is there some valid documentation to ATEF? The following link to the document is not working anymore:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS118841&lang=en

Regards,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Kael,

thank you very much, now i can download the document.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-6828309)

Hello Robert,

The document in article CS118841 should be available again.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hello Kael,

thank you very much, now i can download the document.

Regards,

Robert

For the one who want to know how to synchronize only parts of a model, I get the following answer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically the steps for filtering are mentioned in the integration's readme.htm and read as follows:

[

Configuring Filters

Note: The following instructions assume that you know how to use the MATLAB scripting language.

To configure filtering for the Integrity MATLAB integration, perform the following steps:

Edit the filter file in the default location, or copy it with a new name to the integration solution directory. The default location for the filter file is:

install_dir/solution/example_synchronizeFilter.m

In the filter file, make sure the name of the filter function matches the file name.

Modify filter logic as required for the operation(s) you want to perform.

Open the type properties for the appropriate Integrity Surrogate Model type property name, and edit (or create) a type property on the Model segment type, inserting the name of the function used for the filter.

The provided sample filter (example_synchronizeFilter.m) filters the synchronized content to:

* Simulink Subsystems

* Stateflow Subsystems

Important:

When modifying filters, be aware that changing the filter to synchronize numerous objects or resynchronizing models, may result in model objects that reference Integrity items that are no longer in the model document. Under these conditions, the MATLAB model will not be resynchronized and you must clear the Integrity data using the Model Settings dialog box. After performing these steps, you can then resynchronize to obtain a new, correctly-formed Integrity representation of the filtered model.

In addition, be aware of the objects you are filtering. If you filter out a parent node (for example, a MATLAB container such as a Subsystem), then anything below the node (or inside the container) is also filtered out. If model nodes have associated Integrity item links, the filter is ignored and they are synchronized, unless they are a child element of a parent item that was previously filtered out. In such cases, you may want to re-examine your filter criteria or any irregular links.

PTC recommends that when using the MATLAB integration through the Integrity Client graphical user interface (GUI), you should only edit trace relationships to other items when interacting with the model document. Do not edit model document content or structure through the Integrity Client GUI when using the MATLAB integration.

]

My colleague was able to exclude 'subsystem' level by adjusting given example filter file and properties on Model type properties.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type+properties.JPG

Regards,

Robert

jklostermann
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6828309)

@ PTC:

Unfortunately the links above are not accessible with a basic account. Could that be changed?

Or is it really necessary for me to involve our support team to get access through them?

Thanks for considering

Jan

Top Tags