cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Test Suite: How to export Test Steps as Text?

holger
3-Visitor

Test Suite: How to export Test Steps as Text?

I want to create an export template to export all Tests from Test Suite. I allready managed this but the "Test Steps" are only shown as ID (from Test Step Dataset) - BUT we need the "Description Text" of this element.

Is there a solution to output the corresponding "Description Text" of the Test Step ID?

What do I need to change in the mapping-xml or Word template?

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:holger)

Hi Holger,

You can't do this with the existing product, out of the box.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS92335&lang=en_US

So I would suggest posting this as a product idea, here in the Community forum, so that product management can see your request, and other customers can add their vote, and voice, to the request.

(FYI, I heard our Services folks may have created their own method to work-around this limitation, so you may also want to reach out to your PTC account manager, about inquiring with Services, if they can come up with something for you).

Hello Holger,

PTC consulting has created a java based solution to enhance the gateway. This solution includes also an export possibility to derive the test steps and display the Test Step text (like any other related information).  Its part of the "Custom Gateway" solution. Keep in mind that this extension is - as of now - client based.

An output example with TC= Test Case and TS = Test Steps is attached.

If you are interested, then please drop me a message with your email address in it.

Regards,

Volker

Top Tags