cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Tooltip for Values (Presentation)

hbock
7-Bedrock

Tooltip for Values (Presentation)

I have a kind of matrix in a presentation that will show a lot of numbers. I would like to "tag" these numbers (= Field values) with the appropriate tooltip coming from their field description. I only managed to get the tooltip for the unspecific Field name on the left (with the possibility to overwrite the Field name with another name) but not for their values themselves.

Tooltip for values.png

How can I manage that the tooltip comes up when the mouse is over the value marked on the right?

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:hbock)

Hello Harald Bock‌,

How is the matrix being generated?

If it's a report, you could add JavaScript or HTML to the report to generate the tool tips (assuming the output is HTML).

In other contexts (charts, queries), I can't think of a good way to include that sort of functionality.

If you'd like this functionality included in the core product, you could submit an Idea PTC Integrity.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
hbock
7-Bedrock
(To:KaelLizak)

No, it is not generated. It is part of a grid in a tab  of an item presentation.

The left one  could bei done as the field Name but this does Not match for all "columns".

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Harald Bock‌,

In that case, I suggest filing an enhancement request in the form of an Idea implemented.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
jbates-2
1-Newbie

Harald, if you submit this as an idea, I'll vote for it for sure. I would also want to see the text of the tooltip be able to utilize something like substituteFields functionality so that the tooltip text can appear to be more dynamic and certainly be more relevant to the underlying value.

Top Tags