cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to Create, change or delete an SQL View

sdamery
1-Newbie

Unable to Create, change or delete an SQL View

Hello,

Here is another weird thing, I was creating a view outside implementer and it placed the view in the production library where the tables are. When I tried to promote a table change it picked up the view without source and errored out my promotion. I deleted the view and then was able to promote my table change.

Now I am ready to use the new view but when I go to create the object in IMPLEMENTER it says it is already there, yet when I try and check it out it says it doesnt exist. So now I can create change or delete the SQL VIEW?

Seems there is some control file holding on to the existence of the object but since I deleted it manually it needs updated or deleted ...something.

ANY HELP is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member
(To:sdamery)

Hi Scott,

If you go into #11-Work With Objects, do you see the view listed?

If there is an entry in Work With Objects and the object truly does not exist, you can use the ICHGREP command to *DLT the reference to the object in Implementer.

Let me know if this does not resolve the problem.

Dawn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member

Hi Scott,

If you go into #11-Work With Objects, do you see the view listed?

If there is an entry in Work With Objects and the object truly does not exist, you can use the ICHGREP command to *DLT the reference to the object in Implementer.

Let me know if this does not resolve the problem.

Dawn

Hello Dawn, that worked perfectly. However I have been informed that we still have some similar objects/records that are in developer libraries and NOT environments.

We tried that command to clean up those and it said it was NOT an environment. Is there a command to clean up records without source or objects? ...or even a rebuild...although that might be a last resort.

DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member

the IDLTLIBREF command works for objects that Implementer thinks are in developer libraries, when they actually have been deleted outside Implementer.

Top Tags