cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Unable to branch a member exclusively to be used in a development path, please help!

cmosqueda
1-Newbie

Unable to branch a member exclusively to be used in a development path, please help!

Hello,

I've got a problem with a single file that updates in both the main line and a development path in a project. I want to branch that file specifically to be updated on a developent path. I followed the process of creating a new development path, and from there, do the needed modifications in some files. At the time to do "check-in", PTC asked to branch the members to avoid those changes to appear in the mainline, which was OK. The problem is that one file that I needed to branch, was not branched for a reason and was updated both in the mainline and the only development path that I have. I tried to manually branch the file to the development path but I only got a branch that will be updated both in the mainline and the dev path. I tried to discard the changes from the change package but I get the error "The entry cannot be discarded since the ChangePackageMandatory policy is set. I've tried different thing as merging back the member to the mainline and then try to re-branch it to the development path, without success, and I already have a mess in the branches revisions and member history as I had to go back to the latest member revision that is valid for the mainline. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags