cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unique weblink to an attachment in a fva field

vkocsis
1-Newbie

Unique weblink to an attachment in a fva field

Hello!

I'm trying to do the following:

For a tool that I'm writing I need to detect changes in the items. Among there are the attachment fields. I noticed, that the webUI displays the images using an "attachmentID" (mksserver/im/viewattachment/a%20cat.jpg;jsessionid=...?attachmentID=12345). I presume this ID is unique. Is there any way to obtain it?

I would be happy with a solution where I can detect that the attachment is changed for a given item without the need to actually download/compare/hash it. The catch is that I can store very limited amount of information (it gets inserted into a source file for a test suite). The attachment ID would be perfect for this because (I assume) its unique.

I'm using the soap webservice and the cli (im), the solution has to work on both (eg if this attachmentID can be obtained on cli but not on the webservice interface that's a no go).

Thanks,

Viktor

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags