cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Using Integrity as Project Planning Tool

VolkerEckardt
17-Peridot

Using Integrity as Project Planning Tool

Hello,

I am wondering who of you is using Integrity as project planning tool. We have this MS Project integration - how often is this requested?

Furthermore, we can create a Gantt Chart right inside Integrity (jsgantt based). But this is quite old and seams not to work with the latest browsers.

Therefore, I have reviewed another gantt library and this one looks pretty impressive.

Anyone using this project planning capability in your daily work with Integrity?

ProjectGanttChart.PNG

Volker

16 REPLIES 16

Hello,

we are using the capability to generate gantt charts, at the moment using the old jsgantt delivered with Integrity but with own created recipes. The switch to a better (newer) version is on the agenda but not done, yet.

What is the name of the gantt library in the picture?

I am interested in available improvements.

Some years ago we also used the MS Project integration, but now MS Project is not further in our software portfolio.

Best regards.

Hello,

we Kind of use Integrity as a Project planning tool. and tried to use the MS_Project Integration. So far the integration proved to be useless due to its stability (100% crash rate), so we went for a work around and developed a similar add-on ourselves based on scriping. The hability to direcly generate gantt diagrams within integrity is highly interesting and surely would be very welcome within our department. Can you provide further Details / documentation about it? The newer library you showed the Picture about in your post Looks amazing, can you also provide further Information about it?

Thanks in advance and regards.

Lluís

Volker,

We have setup the MS Project integration here before but we didn't finish it. I think either % complete or some dates weren't coming through properly. That was more of an output than a work item.

We are using the Agile Solution with some customizations though. We have been using it for at least the past year to manage our customization of ILM for us here. Didier has been involved with that so you could check with him once he's back also. I think having working gantt charts would be useful for this activity. This was basically the reason we installed the MS Project integration in the first place.

One of our groups is going to use it to manage the creation of our test plans and test procedures though. This will be the first time we've used it for this type of activity. It won't be for actual Agile development but they are going to try to use the same ideas. I'll check with those guys on their thoughts about gantt charts for this.

Thanks for your responses.

Let me summarize the status that I have until now:

We have 3 options:

a) ALM default gantt chart

b) Improved ALM gantt chart

c) Gantt with New (modern) libraries

for a)

you need to have the ALM solution installed or someone who can give you the needed files

for b)

search for "jsgantt improved" in the internet

The files are very similar to the jsgantt in option a) but need a little bit of tailoring in terms of the Integrity report (changed parameter set).

I tried that, but the result is still not how I would like to see that.

for c)

search for dhtmlxGantt in the internet.

I am not sure if the developer license without any support is free for use. Please check this in terms of your company and software license compliance.

I am pleased to give you support in terms of how to configure it (can send you the current report receipt that I created).

Generally, we need to have the data you like to present in Integrity available.

This includes the items you like to report, the structure (1:n in multiple hierarchies), start-end data, progress perhaps. Resource Name etc.

This is the first what you have to check.

Let me know if you need any further details.

Volker

bjenks
4-Participant
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hi Volker,

I am very interested in setting up the dhtmlxGantt and have it integrated with Integrity. Do you have a guide or some instructions on how to do this? We are currently at Integrity 10.6 but looking to migrate to 11.1. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Have sent individual instructions to the user directly

ASailer
5-Regular Member

Hello Volker, 

we tried to use MS-Project in a basic test. Result: 100% crash rate due to different language settings of OS and MS-Project 😞

Please could you also send the "individual instructions" to test your idea? It is very important to have a usable Project Planning Tool with Integrity (ILM11.2)

Kind regards

Alexander Sailer

Hello Volker,

Could you please send me the instructions, too?

Thank you,

-Dave

Hello Volker,

nice function for plannings within Integrity LM 11.2.
Thank you,
-Laurent

can you send me the details as well? I am interested

Hi Volker,

I am very interested in setting up the dhtmlxGantt and have it integrated with Integrity. Do you have a guide or some instructions on how to do this?

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

We have started trying to integrate with MS Project and the project planning capability question keeps coming up.

So yes, we are interested in anything that can provide this capability, in the easiest possible way, of course.

We have two uses cases:

1) round-trip to MS Project to help planning and populating dates.

2) reporting and dashboards.

Hello Volker,

we are also interested in the dhtmlxGantt integration.

Thank you,

Werner

Hello Volker! 

I am very interested in setting up the dhtmlxGantt and have it integrated with Integrity.

Can you help me with some instructions on how to do this, please? 

Thanks a lot ! 

Best whises,

Lucian 

Hello Volker,
nice function for plannings within Integrity LM 11.2.
Thank you,
-Laurent

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Hello Volker,

You had quite a few responses/requests on this one, which indicates strong interest. Why not post the instructions for anyone who needs them?

If you don't post them, please send to me.

Thanks,

Laurent

Top Tags