cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using TestVerdictName(LastResult()) in Computation Definition causes error MKS131372

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

Using TestVerdictName(LastResult()) in Computation Definition causes error MKS131372

When I try to use TestVerdictName(LastResult()) in the Compuatation Definition of a custom field, I get the below error.

errorMKS131372.jpg

MKS131372: An unhandled database exception has occurred. Please contact your administrator. The error supplied by the database is: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected CHAR got CLOB

If I just use ToText(LastResult()) then I can at least get the number value of the last result but as soon as I replace it with TestVerdictName I get this error. I think I understand what the error is saying but I don't understand why I'm getting it.

Currently I am trying to work through the embedded if statements. The field type is shorttext. The Computation Definition (which isn't complete) is:

isMeaningful() ?

(

IsEmpty(lastResult(), 99) == 99 ?

(

"ALM_Verified By Trace Count" > 0 ?

Text("Traces")

:

Text("Not Run")

)

:

TestVerdictName(LastResult())

)

: emptytext()

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Hello Nolin,

This may be a product problem. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to open a ticket for this issue.

The error is happening because your backing Oracle database is expecting a CHAR type value for a method, and is instead getting a CLOB. The ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes error comes up anytime this sort of situation occurs, and I doubt it is as a result of your computation definition, although I am not convinced about the results of the TestVerdictName(LastResult()) call..

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Hello Nolin,

This may be a product problem. Please contact PTC Integrity Support to open a ticket for this issue.

The error is happening because your backing Oracle database is expecting a CHAR type value for a method, and is instead getting a CLOB. The ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes error comes up anytime this sort of situation occurs, and I doubt it is as a result of your computation definition, although I am not convinced about the results of the TestVerdictName(LastResult()) call..

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Kael,

I will open a ticket. Thank you for the info.

Thanks,
Nolin

Top Tags