cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

create/edit chart via CLI

mrump
14-Alexandrite

create/edit chart via CLI

Hi all,

I'm a bit stuck, so maybe somebody can help me.

I would like to create a heatmap Chart. By heatmap i mean a table chart where the different cells have different colors based on the values they contain

(low values - BLUE - high values RED and all shades in between).

As I am lazy i want create a script that sets the range definitions.

According to the CLI documentation, this should be easy

--rangeDefinitions=value

specifies range definitions for computed expressions included in a table chart, where value consists of the following attributes: expressionname;range field name;range label:lower limit:upper limit:icon:background color:text color:text style:display format; lower limit:upper limit:.....;extend to axis .

so I started with the command.

im editchart --rangeDefinitions="Count;myLabel:0.0:10.0::200,255,255:200,255,255:Plain:Value;false" "Heatmap"

Unfortunately this command completes without any error, but shows no result, meaning no new range in the defined Chart.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Found it

im editchart --rangeDefinitions="CountPro;;:0:10.::25,25,255,255:25,25,255,255:plain:value;false" "Heatmap"

1. "Plain" (text style) and "Value" (display format) must be set to lowercase.

2. Colors must have an Alpha value (RGBA)

3. the  expressionname must not me named "Count" (although ic can use the Count computation)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Found it

im editchart --rangeDefinitions="CountPro;;:0:10.::25,25,255,255:25,25,255,255:plain:value;false" "Heatmap"

1. "Plain" (text style) and "Value" (display format) must be set to lowercase.

2. Colors must have an Alpha value (RGBA)

3. the  expressionname must not me named "Count" (although ic can use the Count computation)

Top Tags