cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

editing multiple Items at once

mrump
14-Alexandrite

editing multiple Items at once

Hi all,

I'd like to know if I am the only one who misses a crucial feature to work with Integrity, which is the full capability to handle multi value fields.

As long as any field in Integrty is single valued, all works fine,

3 REPLIES 3
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:mrump)

Hi

multi-select Items with the Control or Shift key.(in Query or Doc view)

And Item->Edit or Ctrl+E.

Your question title does not fit to its description. I reply to the question in the title)

HTH

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Thierry,

Thank you for the quick reply, but i accidentally submitted the post before I finish the description.

Your right, ther is some kind of "Multi editing"

1. multi-select Items with the Control or Shift key.(in Query or Doc view)
  2. And Item->Edit or Ctrl+E.

BUT

The way it is implemented makes only sense for single valued fields, as it REPLACES all entries in the according field with the new value.

With a multi valued fields this is not necessarily wanted.

eg. you have 100 items that all have a "dev-team" - user field, which is of course multi-valued.

Now one person shall be removed from 50 items, and another person shall be added to 75 of these items.

The bulk edit as is won't work here.

As there is no "append" or "remove" option in the im edit command, you will end up doing alot of clicks or spend time on developing a custom (shell) script

mrump
14-Alexandrite

Another part the multi valued fields are "discrimenated" are IBPL fields.

Of course you can create a multi-valued IBPL field and use it in your items,

but

in contrast to a single valued field, a multi valued one cannot be use for correlation in a QBR field.

e.g. You have "Product" items "CR" Items with a "related products" IBPL field (of course multi-valued) but you cannot create a QBR field "linked CRs" to use it in the "Product" item.

All you can do is workaround it using custom triggers or custom reports.

I mean, all IM data is stored in a database anyway, so where's the problem PTC ???

Top Tags