cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how do i check if there are any files checked in to a devpath ?

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

how do i check if there are any files checked in to a devpath ?

how do i check if there are any files checked in to a devpath or release ?

3 REPLIES 3

If your devpath started eg. at revision 1.2.1.1

maybe following approach may help you

@REM compare 2 checkpoints (here the first 2 of the devpath)

si mods -P c:/project/repository/location/on/server/project.pj -r 1.2.1.1 -r 1.2.1.2

@REM compare current configuration of devpath MY_DEVPATH to where the devpath started

si mods -P c:/project/repository/location/on/server/project.pj -r 1.2.1.1 --devpath=MY_DEVPATH

HTH Jürgen

BTW:

If someone checked in without updating member revision or set the member revision back manually,

I suppose si mods would not reveal this activity.

Hi Klaus,

thanks for your quick reply.  Is there a way to narrow down the search within a date range ?  Also on your commands above, what is the -r 1.2.1.1 parameter ? Is that the revision when the devpath was first created ?

Yes the 1.2.1.1 was meant to represent the checkpoint that is created automatically when a devpath is created.

(You might have to use commands like si projectinfo to find out this and other information for si mods)

If you are only interested in the changes since a later checkpoint you can also use

a later devpath project revision number to compare to the current configuration

or just ommit the -r parameter to select the latest of the devpath.

si mods -P c:/project/repository/location/on/server/project.pj --devpath=MY_DEVPATH

(si mods -P c:/project/repository/location/on/server/project.pj -r 1.2.1.?? --devpath=MY_DEVPATH)

The only command I remember supporting date ranges is "si rlog" for members.

(there I don't trust date ranges anyway because of "Save Working File Timestamp" feature)

I would say si mods always compares 2 configurations which can be:

- a checkpoint resp project revision

- current project configuration (the checkpoint that would be created if you checkpoint now)

If only 1 checkpoint is supplied 'si mods' impicitely selects the current configuration.

If no checkpoint is supplied 'si mods' selects curent configuration and latest checkpoint.

If no devpath is supplied 'si mods' uses mainline.

The date range comes implicitly with the selection of the two configurations.

HTH Jürgen

Top Tags