cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

im editissue is overwriting the existing data: I want to append the existing issue with more data

NehaAdhikari
4-Participant

im editissue is overwriting the existing data: I want to append the existing issue with more data

Hi All,

I am trying to update an issue which has some information and I need to update the issue by just adding new information to it, so my issue should add information to the existing one but when I am trying to update the issue with im editissue command it is overwriting the existing record which is not needed.

My command for creating the content is :

im createcontent --insertLocation --parentID=7899401 --type="ALM_Test Case" --field=Category="Heading" --richContentField=ALM_Text="<html><body><H4>Test data insertion for the first time</H4><p>Feature Sets<br> line breaks<br> in a text,<br> use the br<br> element.</p></body></html>"

this created a content with id 7900381

now I am executing the below command to update the issue and I am expecting it to append the information but it is replacing the existing information by overwriting it.

im editissue --richContentField=ALM_Text="<html><div class="section" id="feature-sets"><h1>Feature Sets</h1><ul class="simple"><li>Test data to be updated in existing content</li></ul></div></html>" 7900381

Please let me know if there is some additional parameters to the command or some other command to update the issue without overwriting it.

Thanks!!!

1 REPLY 1

Hello, 

This could be possible if you add Old + New data in script.

Instead of, 

im editissue --richContentField=ALM_Text=="<html><div class="section" id="feature-sets"><h1>Feature Sets</h1><ul class="simple"><li>Test data to be updated in existing content</li></ul></div></html>" 7900381

Use

im editissue --richContentField=ALM_Text=="<html><body><H4>Test data insertion for the first time</H4><p>Feature Sets<br> line breaks<br> in a text,<br> use the br<br> element.</p></body><div class="section" id="feature-sets"><h1>Feature Sets</h1><ul class="simple"><li>Test data to be updated in existing content</li></ul></div></html>" 7900381

Thanks

Top Tags