cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

import viewsets from CLI

dany_michail
4-Participant

import viewsets from CLI

Hello,

We use MKS Integrityi Client 9.6.

There is any possibility for users to import published&mandatory viewsets from server via command line (CLI/Java API) ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:dany_michail)

Hello,

what about this idea?

Viewsets that are used from a user's client will be stored as a file in the user's homedirectory under

.mks/viewset/user

While starting the client, this directory will be checked which valid viewset files exist.

All active viewsets will be loaded, all other valid viewsets can be called with Open Viewset.

My suggestion for a workaround:

Create an SW Distribution job working the way "Exit Client => copy viewset file into user's directory => start the client". Finally the user 'only' needs to open the viewset ....

Greetings,

Klaus

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to import a viewset into the client using the CLI.

khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:dany_michail)

Hello,

what about this idea?

Viewsets that are used from a user's client will be stored as a file in the user's homedirectory under

.mks/viewset/user

While starting the client, this directory will be checked which valid viewset files exist.

All active viewsets will be loaded, all other valid viewsets can be called with Open Viewset.

My suggestion for a workaround:

Create an SW Distribution job working the way "Exit Client => copy viewset file into user's directory => start the client". Finally the user 'only' needs to open the viewset ....

Greetings,

Klaus

dany_michail
4-Participant
(To:khoppe)

Hello Klaus,

in this way we implemented. But we want to have an "official" reply from PTC.We aren't sure if this brute implementation does not affect somehow MKS client.

Thank you for support.

While this won't be officially supported (we haven't tested this method) I cannot see anything wrong with it, and I'd be happy to support it if you have problems with it.

Top Tags