cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

is it possible to restore a deleted member revision?

jamougou-2
2-Guest

is it possible to restore a deleted member revision?

Hello,

is it possible to restore a deleted member revision on MKS2009?

one user just delete revision 1.x. we wanted to add it again using "add member from archive" but integrity tell that the member already exist.

Thanks for any suggestion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jean Olivier,

I'd suggest opening a Support case with Integrity support, as there are probably a few things that need to be checked here, to see how this was "deleted", and what steps lead up to this.

You can't delete a revision of a member, though it's possible that somehow this original member was dropped, and your developers have created a new member to replace it?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jean Olivier,

I'd suggest opening a Support case with Integrity support, as there are probably a few things that need to be checked here, to see how this was "deleted", and what steps lead up to this.

You can't delete a revision of a member, though it's possible that somehow this original member was dropped, and your developers have created a new member to replace it?

Hi Michael,

thank you for your answer.  We found out that the users within a certain group were able to delete "member revisions". This is certainly a bad configuration of our admin and have to be fixed. According to my collegue it's was a mistake.

This was the answer from the PTC Support:

"Usually, reusing the revision names can result in incorrect information in client sandboxes with a large number of source operations. Also, eusing revisions causes significant data integrity issues and is not supported on DB backend."

greatings

Top Tags