cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

it is possible to create item without login, only using ID (like PTC Integrity Git integration)

kkim-3
1-Newbie

it is possible to create item without login, only using ID (like PTC Integrity Git integration)

Hello,

We would like to create a item(like Issues) when some actions are occured in other program.(git)

but we could not create a item without Password(or login).

It is possible to create ChangePackage only using the user's ID, in "PTC Integriry Git Integration"(from the 10.9 version),

the plugin(?) does not use a user's password anywhere.

We want to use a similar way, but I can not do it without a password.

Please let me know how we can accomplish this functionality

Kind regards,

Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:kkim-3)

Hi Kyoung,

This is not possible when creating issues (items) in Integrity.  You would need to do that under some kind of Integrity userID (account) who can login in Integrity (and who has the other applicable permissions/ACLs).  That could be a regular user/admin account, or depending on your usage, the API user account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Hi Kyoung,

This is not possible when creating issues (items) in Integrity.  You would need to do that under some kind of Integrity userID (account) who can login in Integrity (and who has the other applicable permissions/ACLs).  That could be a regular user/admin account, or depending on your usage, the API user account.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your answer.

We thought it would be impossible, too.

We planing to develop it by changing the "Created by" field value to the user ID, after creating an item with an admin account.

Kind regards,

Kim

llambert
10-Marble

Using the impersonation capability of integrity if you pass in the userID of the user to your create item command the created by will show that user assuming its a valid user in integrity.  I dont believe the created by field is editable but impersonation would solve this concern.

kjain-2
15-Moonstone

Hi Kyoung,

There are three ways to create an item :-

1.) By GUI

2.) By Web Integrity

3.) By CLI

And in all the way you have to put your ID and Password , i think without credentials it looks impossible because integrity first authenticate user only then you can create. So, as per my understanding this is not possible at all.

Regards

Kapil Jain

Top Tags