cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

strange behavior of "Modified Working Files" filter

Cosmina
5-Regular Member

strange behavior of "Modified Working Files" filter

Hi,

Can somebody tell me how IMS compares a file and sets the "modified" flag?

These is my observed behavior:

1) I have several files in my sandbox with the "modified" flag, but when I apply the filter "modified working files", those files are hided.

2) If I select a file that appears to be modified, I have this information displayed: "Working file checksum differs, newer: Mar 18, 2016 1:49:34 PM vs. Mar 18, 2016 1:49:34 PM ".

If I compare it with another tool (Beyond compare for example) I have no difference. This situation leads to critical conditions, because developers use this filter commonly to detect the need for check ins.

Is this a known problem?

Do you know why IMS has this behavior?

1 REPLY 1
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:Cosmina)

For the working file delta, the size, timestamp and checksum of the working file is compared to the revision it is based on. Any changed or missing working files will show this delta. The filter "Modified Working Files" will show any member with a working file delta. The filter "Working File Size Deltas" only shows members where the working file is a different size (so if only the timestamp changes, it won't be shown. 

For a revision delta, the working file revision is compared to the member revision, and the member revision is compared to the newest revision in the history. If either of these are different, then you will see this delta. 

See CS131973 for more information on the delta icons.

There have been some specific cases where a delta was not shown for a working file when it should have been:

If your situation doesn't match the above, I suggest creating a support case for investigation. As you say, it is critical that the filters and deltas are correct.

Top Tags