cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

10.1 ProjectLink and PDMLink

borourke
10-Marble

10.1 ProjectLink and PDMLink

Our drafters have recently started to do all AutoCAD development on ProjectLink, including approval routing. Once all approvals are obtained, the CAD object is in a Released Design state, and is sent to PDMLink. The CAD object is set back to the Draft state when this occurs, and we would prefer it to remain in the Released state. PTC informs that this is intended functionality, but we curious how others handle this situation. Thanks in advance!

Send lawyers, guns, and money...the sh!t has hit the fan!

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:borourke)

Do the AutoCAD in PDMLink using the WGM and save the transfer step from ProjectLink to PDMLink.
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:borourke)

Hi

I think it depends on your business approval process.

In PDM you could have a team responsible for it which is different than the project team.

We also have been asked per the users why when an object is approved in PJL, why it is not set to released automatically when set to PDM. The fact is that for us sometimes it would make sense, sometimes it would not make sense as the product team has its word to say about releasing a new data in its product !!!

If you create the object in PDM and then check it out to PJL, do the approval, when you check it in to PDM, it will be at In Work/Draft whatever is first as it is a new iteration for PDM.

It makes sense to me.

One way to avoid that situation is to do the approval only in PDM. So you guys can work in PJL; send it to PDM and then promote.

I understand why PTC set it up that way and personally I am more than happy with this as we find we could adapt the way we work.

If you can't, maybe a customization is possible but personally, I would strongly recommend to keep away of customisation.

Best regards

Top Tags