cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Access Document Templates by non-admin

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Access Document Templates by non-admin

What permissions are needed to allow non-admins to be able to download document templates?  I have a template that I need users to access and then use replace content on an existing document.  It is using attributes from Windchill to fill in certain parts of the document.  The old files do not have this available.  Or is there an easier way to switch over to the new template?

2 REPLIES 2
HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:BrianToussaint)

I've noticed that if non-admin users enter the template name in search they're able to access and download the template file from search results table directly, then use Replace content with a file created on that. I'm not sure yet whether this is a good or a bad thing... and what causes this behaviour. Maybe it's just the ACL on the same type as the template they have that enables this?

Hi Brian,

I was going to suggest you could open a Support case for this, but I suspect you already did, and I suspect you already figured this out?

This is the "templates" info in the online help.  Available to only admins, in the default out of the box.

http://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc111_hc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FTemplatesDocAbout.html%23

---

I imagine you also discovered this, for usage of said document templates, when creating documents:

http://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc111_hc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FTemplatesDocAbout.html

And that the templates need to be enabled and visible, for users to see them, and be able to use them when creating documents, but also, that they need to be created in the context the user is using and has access to.

Mike

Top Tags