cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Access to ECR "Affected Objects" without Product Access for Suppliers?

SteveVinyard
1-Newbie

Access to ECR "Affected Objects" without Product Access for Suppliers?

Hi guys, I'm using ProjectLink to share objects for various suppliers and flexible scenarios. At times, I want a select few suppliers to be involved in the change process, usually just for reviewing and notification. The issue with this is that those "Affected Objects" that are NOT already shared to the supplier project, do NOT show up on the ECR...even though they are there. This is a nice security feature I'm sure though I'm looking for a way to bypass it. Just wondering if there is something I'm missing or some other solution to accomplish this.

I'd rather not give the supplier read access to the entire PDMLink Product for obvious reasons.

(btw, I'm open to other solutions as well). Basically just want to give Suppliers access to a select portion of data, usually just WTParts. I've thought about using Security Labels, they aren't really flexible though and I'm trying to account for future requirements that are unknown. Also we would need a BUNCH of security labels rather than just 5 or 10.

Thanks!
Steve
1 REPLY 1

Steve ,

You can write an expression in workflow to grant the Read/download access to supplier (Something like adhoc ACLs). So that they will get access to affected object only since they are not members Product they will not see product name.

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Shreyas

Top Tags