cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Accesses rights to the PDMLink contexts

SB_7735293
3-Visitor

Accesses rights to the PDMLink contexts

Hello everybody, I need kindly your support to try to understand the accesses rights menagement in PDMLink. If I delete an access to a single user context, it is no longer possible to open the assembled file which instead contains references to so many contexts.

This is an example.

The structure of the file XXX.asm contains parts that refer to the following contexts:
EH0001_PARTS_IN_BODY_SERIES
EH0002_COMPACT_DIRECTIONAL_VALVES_SERIES
EH0003_MECHANICAL_VALVE_SERIES
EH0004_INTEGRATED_CIRCUIT_SERIES.
Although the user have access to ALL the contexts EXCEPT EH0003_MECHANICAL_VALVE_SERIES it is not possible to open the assembly. The user had access before, but now he no longer has it by decision of the board management.
How can this be solved? Is there an option or configuration change in PDMLink?

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SB_7735293)

Why was the right to access the files denied?

You can grant them read-only rights that will allow them to open files in that folder.

The management board of my company asked to me to remove user access to this specific context and does not want others to see it, not even when reading. I can't go into details, because it's a delicate matter.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SB_7735293)

Without read rights why should they be able to load it into an assembly.

You may want to move the files from that context to one they user(s) can read for their assemblies. I am assuming that it is a selected set of files in the context that management wants to protect. If it is all files in that context, then you may need to do some background work with either dummy replacement files or modify the assembly structures.

The user should be able to open the assembly in Creo, but the parts from the EH0003_MECHANICAL_VALVE_SERIES context will not be retrieved. Creo will give a warning message for each missing component, giving the user an opportunity to search for the missing file manually. After getting through the error message(s), the assembly should open, but it will be missing the component(s) from the context that they don't have access to. 

Yes exactly. That's what I thought was going to happen, but sadly it's not the case. Even though the assembly references so many contexts that the user has access to and only EH0003_MECHANICAL_VALVE_SERIES is missing, the assembly does not open!

As you can see from my screenshot, PDMLink doesn't open any of the components that I have access to instead.

2023-01-04_09h15_38.png

2023-01-04_09h17_25.png

  

Top Tags