cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Adding Filters for actions in a table row

tstacy
1-Newbie

Adding Filters for actions in a table row

We are using Windchill 9.1 M060 and I am trying to create a filter for a action that is embedded in a table displayed with the 3rd level menu (such as Affected Objects on a Change Request). My problem is this: I need to edit an attribute on the LINK class itself, not the other side object and not the main object. My edit is working just fine, but I need to hide the action if a different attribute on the link as a value. For example. I have a link between a Change Request and another object. On the link are 2 dates, a Scheduled Date and a Completed Date. The edit for the link is so that I can add/change the Scheduled Date. The edit itself is working just fine. I need to disable the Edit action if the Completed Date has a value in it. I've been trying both a Validator and a Filter (not at the same time) to see which one will work. With either one, the context object is always the Change Request and they are only called once for the entire table where there may be 5 or 6 entries. I need to have each entry in the table evaluated to determine if the edit is disabled for that one line. Since there is only one action, I'm displaying the edit pencil icon in the table row. Here is a snippet from my JSP to display the table. The nmAction entry is the action to be enabled/disabled.

<jca:describeColumn id="scheduledDispositionDate" dateDisplayFormat="${standardDateTime}"/>

<jca:describeColumn id="editSchedule" dataUtilityId="nmActions" sortable="false">

<jca:setComponentProperty key="actionName" value="editScheduleLink"/>

<jca:setComponentProperty key="objectType" value="customObject"/>

</jca:describeColumn>

<jca:describeColumn id="actualDispositionDate" dateDisplayFormat="${standardDateTime}"/>

Any ideas on how to write the filter or validator to work on the link class and not the Change Request class?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags