cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Adding recognized file types

jfrankovich
10-Marble

Adding recognized file types

Does anyone know if it is possible to add to the list of "recognized" document file types in Windchill? We have certain file types that are stored in Windchill as documents that we would like to have identified specifically rather than being marked UNKNOWN.

Thanks,
John Frankovich
GSI Group LLC
www.gsiag.com<">http://www.gsiag.com>

6 REPLIES 6

I should have stated that the primary interest would be changing this for attachments. That is where we tend to see file types that are outside of Windchill's normal expectations. (such as .wmf, .eps, .cdr, etc.)

John
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:jfrankovich)

I do not have it handy but there is a command line that you run from the
server. You can also have an image linked to it to appear one the page.
Did you try tech support?

Althought this doesn't specifically answer your question, I have compiled a list of PTC file extensions that people may find useful....

David T. Francis

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:jfrankovich)

Found it. 44-2 of the Customizer's Guide. "Adding and Updating Data
Formats for Content Holders"

Java wt.content.DataFormatUtil

Thanks to Antonio and David. Not sure how I missed that in the Customizer's Guide! (Rest assured, you all beat tech support to the punch.)

In the loadFiles directory, one can search the copious amount of files for how they added the Office 2007 format extenstions and duplicate this configuration in a separate file and then from windchill shell run:

windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile -u wcadmin (userid) -p password -d fileformatfileyoucreated.xml

This is how they are loaded during install of Windchill by the solution installer invoking the WindchillLoader...

Hope this helps...

Dave

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Top Tags