cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

After cloning production it can't search

davehaigh
11-Garnet

After cloning production it can't search

Getting an error on any search (on Production server), I check the clone and this is NOT the case - the search works fine.

Server Exception: (com.infoengine.util.IERsource/..) com.infoengine.au.NoSuchException: No such service: .xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.Windchill

Any ideas?

Windchill 9.1 m050

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

7 REPLIES 7

This isn't going to be super helpful....but we had the same issue. I worked with TS for a couple of days to get it resolved. The short answer is that we had a one or two page little procedure we follow for cloning the system.....apparently there were steps missing in our procedure that were mandatory for the rehosting. Everything worked fine except for the search (which never once worked).
PTC technical support essentially walked through all the little things that actually get changed when you rehost and found a few areas that were not correct. I wish I could tell you the specifics but there were a lot of gotchas in that list. I would have wrote them all down but I figured that I would just quit my job if I ever had to do another rehost again 🙂
I'm sure you'll find someone else that knows the answer....but you'll probably have to enter the "matrix" to get this resolved
Mike KramerDIRECTOR OF NOT REHOSTING WINDCHILL

David,

This issue can be corrected by rebuilding the jars and deleting the Tomcat
cache.

1. From a Windchill shell type: ant -f codebase/MakeJar.xml (or
codebase\MakeJar.xml in windows)

2. Delete the 'work' folder in the Tomcat Home.

3. Restart Tomcat and Windchill.

Regards,

Robert N. Kennedy III

Since this is an Info*Engine error, you might also want to delete the compiledTasks directory under <wt_home>/tasks/com/infoengine. This will ensure that all cached infoengine webjects are recompiled and re-cached.

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, Global SAP Basis - TCM
Deere & Company World Headquarters
400 19th St, Moline, IL 61265

Sorry that would be in <wt_home>/tasks/codebase/com/infoengine.

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, Global SAP Basis - TCM
Deere & Company World Headquarters
400 19th St, Moline, IL 61265

Try propagating the xconf file.it should work after a clean restart.

You can try this,

• Do you have a nightly backup of your Directory service. Compare the difference to day when it wasn't working to the day before when it was.

• in the database, check the following Windchill user tables for the right hostname (fvhost, repository and site). You also need to make sure that your fvmounts are the correct location. I hope you didn't run your rehost procedure on your production which should have been done to the clone. It would have changed these tables.

• Check the site.xconf and cognos for the new oracle user, password, sid and oracle hostname.

• Go to infoengine admin and check if there are any errors

• is this on a windows box, linux/unix. There are cases where on a windows machine the directory service data file is corrupted. What you can do if that occurs is to backup via export like your clone, delete and restore the directory service entire root.ldif. That used to happen a lot with Aphelion on windows. I don't use windows anymore since going to Linux.

Good luck,

Patrick

We had a similar problem with a first run of a 9.1 to 10 upgrade. It
turned out someone included an Eclipse jar file in the customizations
and that was hijacking the search but failing because it wasn't made to
handle such a large process.

Top Tags