cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Attributes

ptc-478260
1-Newbie

Attributes

In Intralink 3.4 M062 we have an old attribute which contains data (call it attributeA), and we'd like to create a new attribute (attributeB) and use a SQL statement to copy the old attributeA values into the new attributeB fields wherever they exist. Does anyone know how to do that?

Also we currently do not have indexing enabled for any of our attributes, I expect enabling this on some commonly searched attributes will help search performance, has anyone quantified the impact on search performance and database resources adding indexing to attributes has? I realize this question is difficult to answer without knowing more particulars but I'm looking for more of a general answer like, 'yes we index some attributes and it helps performance and hasn't caused our database server to use many GB more memory' or 'no we don't do that it doesn't help and will make your old server blow its top'.

Thanks!

Ian Bagnald | System Support Analyst Sr.
Moog Components Group

Phone: 902-468-8074 x5331

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This Message and all attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may be protected by proprietary or other legal privileges. Any review, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying, disclosure or distribution to any entity other than those intended by the originator is prohibited and may be unlawful.
You must delete this Message and any copy of it (in any form) without disclosing it.
If you believe this Message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail, or by calling Moog Components Group, Focal Technologies, at 902-468-2263.
E-Mail is susceptible to alteration and the sender shall not be liable for the Message if altered, changed or falsified.
Thank-you for your co-operation.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags