cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Auto create a Design Review on new document submission

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine

Auto create a Design Review on new document submission

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to get a workflow to trigger when a user submits a new document as part of a development project. I found this bit of code that pretty much does the trick:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Auto-Create-wt-document/m-p/318327#M37355 

I have the code in an expression robot in a workflow that's called in a phase process. By changing the wt.doc.WTDocument bits to wt.change2.DesignReview (in theory) I'd be set BUT... there is no wt.change2.DesignReview in the JavaDoc (we're on 11.2.1.4).

Dobrisa_0-1600482041193.png

By putting in wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2 etc. the workflow functions just fine. Except I don't want to auto create a change request. I need to auto create a Design Review. 

Any thoughts or ideas on how to proceed? Is this an intentional omission by PTC or am I looking at the wrong place in the documentation? 

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dobrisa)

After some tech support help, it turns out that the design review object is not (yet) available for customization so it cannot be used in code. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dobrisa)

After some tech support help, it turns out that the design review object is not (yet) available for customization so it cannot be used in code. 

Top Tags