cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

BOM Notes

dguidry
5-Regular Member

BOM Notes

I am trying to use BOM notes, but I cannot get the Note Status to show correctly in my uses table.  The note symbol only shows in the column if there is a note against that part, not if there is a note against the BOM (usage).  Does anyone who uses notes in Windchill know how I can make the symbol show up when there is a note against that item in the BOM?  I am on Windchill 10.1 M040.

3 REPLIES 3
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:dguidry)

I believe what you need to do is place an attribute against the "WTPartUsage" type in Windchill and not the "WTPart" (or "Part") type.  After that, you will then need to make some modification of table views and possibly some JSP pages to have the field show up in the add/edit BOM wizards.

Feel free to contact me at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com if you'd like to investigate this further or have additional questions.

dguidry
5-Regular Member
(To:bsindelar)

Thanks, Bob!  Unluckily, I am not a system administrator (nor am I allowed anywhere near the servers or site administration).  I can see if our IT group that does system administration can help.  The Note Status I refer to is an out of the box column available in the structure and uses views.

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:dguidry)

Ahh yes the OOTB BOM Notes field, of course - forgot about that one.  Either way, the suggestions I posted here are valid for any type of attribution on the WTPart-to-WTPart BOM link object type, if it helps

Top Tags