cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Batch update of part files from legacy release to facilitate MPMLink introduction

TomM
12-Amethyst

Batch update of part files from legacy release to facilitate MPMLink introduction

Hi,

I'm trying out MPMLink functionality and I've run into several issues, one being that some part files which were created in ProE 4.0 Wildfire and have likely not been revisited ever since we moved to Creo 7 (Windchill 11.2) disrupt the process of BOM transformation. How? They do not carry geometry with them so for one thing they do not appear in MAPSB visualization tab and you can't generate proper pvz files from the mBOM.

So when I try to build those parts (in various ways) it's pretty much futile. I discovered in "Compare to CAD structure" tool that those parts carry with them the warning which states "Cannot perform Build from Part since it is not supported for the listed document(s). Check the authoring applications and versions supported for this action".

I found an article CS121264 which was updated 3 years ago and gives a solution which I figured out myself earlier. I suspect a decent number of companies have run into the same issue, so I'm posting with a hope that there might be a batch type workaround. Cause we have literally dozens of thousands of items and it would take ages to go through the process part after part (not to mention the cost...)

Another quirk is that some parts (I've instantly found two sheet metal parts) have some legacy parameters which disallow check-in unless you uncheck the "designate" button, so it adds some work. A workaround for those parts would be great as well, if possible.

Another take on the question would be - how to migrate from a legacy release of PTC CAD (prior to ProE 5.0) to Creo and have all the parts with correctly associated files and built structures so that MPMLink does not become useless without having Creo installed and inhumane manpower to update the files?

Kind regards

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags