cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Bulk Import WTpart and WTDocument structures by reusing "import from Spreadsheet" action

PavaniA_10
4-Participant

Bulk Import WTpart and WTDocument structures by reusing "import from Spreadsheet" action

1) Can we trigger or call the action "import from spreadsheet" through code (or) another way to reuse the action "import from spreadsheet" - The main requirement is to import bulk WTParts with structure and with autogenerated custom numbers from an Excel data.

2) Also for the document import - do we have anything to import documents in bulk with structure in a single go from Excel data(any solution other than using direct APIs to create documents and document links)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:PavaniA_10)

I would start here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS166607?source=search

The LoadFromFile method is well documented in knowledgebase and can be scripted. Typically, I have done this manually since there are many cases were it errors out. Once you have that down, I can see it being automated. This method would be scripted at command line of server. If you want a deeper, roll your own method, there are Windchill Java APIs to do this as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:PavaniA_10)

I would start here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS166607?source=search

The LoadFromFile method is well documented in knowledgebase and can be scripted. Typically, I have done this manually since there are many cases were it errors out. Once you have that down, I can see it being automated. This method would be scripted at command line of server. If you want a deeper, roll your own method, there are Windchill Java APIs to do this as well.

Announcements

Top Tags