cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

CAD Worker Issues

mmuth
1-Newbie

CAD Worker Issues

We migrated to new Windows 2008 servers this weekend, and things went fairly smoothly. However, I am not able to get my CAD Workers started.

I have updated the proeworker.bat file to point to the new application server. The CAD Worker server did not change (it was already a 2008 machine).

When I go to Worker Agent Administration, do a Reload, and then attempt to start one of the workers, I get the status "Fails to Start" I haven't been able to find any matching messages in the log files.

On the CAD Worker side, I can run the proeworker.bat. In the monitor.log file, I see:

Connecting to server <fqdn> on port <n>

Connection established

Got INIT SUCCESS reply

But when I try to TestServer from the Adapter Configuration (using our .pvi file), I get

Testing Connection to server...Failed

Set keepalive ok

The CADAgent rejected the connection, is it configured for a PROE worker on machine <worker server="> (alias not set)?

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Mary-Ann

14 REPLIES 14
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:mmuth)

Simple checks. Can you ping both systems from each other? Did you use an alias in the proeworker.bat file for the CAD worker? Check DNS or hosts files.
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Check the “wt.auth.trustedHosts” property. Make sure it’s set to either the DNS name or IP address of the CAD worker.

Tom U.
mmuth
1-Newbie

Yes I can ping in both directions. I updated my hosts file with the servernames (both the app server and cad worker server), and when I run the proeworker.bat, I now get

Connecting to server <app server=" fqdn="> on port <n>

Connection established

Got version 8 INIT FAILURE (with no description) from WVS

Monitor shutting down.

Still nothing in the method server logs, and the Agent still Fails to Start.

Mary-Ann

sreddy-2
1-Newbie

Also verify that the ports 5600 and 601 are not blocked from firewall?

>
mmuth
1-Newbie

I checked them. And updated the auth.properties file.

I'm sure this is some simple thing, if I could just find it!

Mary-Ann

Hi Mary Ann,

Did you check if your firewalls are turned off? Are you using SSL/https? Did you install both 32bit and 64 bit java on your worker? Does your java have security off or allow your server?

Here's something to help. Did you try just to re-install/update the worker?

You state that the agent fails to start,

Did you try to put the agent in debug mode? Is the agent remote or local to Windchill server? Is the background methodserver starting? How many method servers do you have configured.

Regards,

Patrick

jmomber
9-Granite

We've had issues when UAC was turned on for the server. Also, if the CADWorker is running as a service, you could try starting it manually from a command prompt:

<creo view=" adapters=">\i486_nt\obj\WorkerDaemon.exe <port>

Sometimes it will show you if applications are crashing. I would also turn on debugging as suggested in one of the previous comments.

Good luck!

“Got version 8 INIT FAILURE (with no description) from WVS” means there is a mismatch between the worker hostname defined in Worker Agent Administration and that being returned by the Worker when it connects back to the Windchill server on startup.

Try using the short Worker hostname as defined in the Worker Windows Control Panel > System when defining the Worker definition in Worker Agent Administration.
llie
16-Pearl

All,

Make sure that the two names match because it is case sensitive. Did you
also add the server to host file on the CAD Worker?

Lance Lie
Sr. Info Sys Technologist II
Global Business Services - Information Technology
Raytheon Company

714-446-2806 (office)
-

1801 Hughes Way
Fullerton, CA 92833 USA
www.raytheon.com

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

mmuth
1-Newbie

We have 2 background servers and 5 method servers running on the app server. On the CAD worker server we have 2 workers defined, with 2 Agents corresponding to the workers on the app server. To communicate with the CAD worker, we use a directory on the worker server - the app server pushes files out there, and the worker checks the drive for incoming work.We aren't using FTP.

I've updated the hosts files on both servers.

We've been using the short name in the Agent definitions. I tried changing one to the full name, and it didn't seem to matter. I also deleted one of the Agents, and recreated it with no luck.

I did a reboot on the worker server, and the proeworker.bat file now works - I get an INIT SUCCESS. Testing the connection to the app server is still failing - I am still geting "The CADAgent rejected the connection, is it configured for a PROE worker on machine <short server=" name="> (alias not set)?"

What properties would turn on verbose logging for the CAD Agent? I'm wondering if I could get any more info from it (versus the none I get now!).

Mary-Ann

mmuth
1-Newbie

Turns out it was the etc/hosts file. Since we have two CAD workers defined, and want to be able to refer to the workers uniquely, we have 'named' them proeworker_p1 and proeworker_p2 (rather than giving them the host name). Interestingly, even though the path to the commands and directory used the FQDN, Windchill uses this name to connect to the server. So my etc/hosts file needed to be updated to add these two CAD worker names to the aliases for the CAD worker server.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

Mary-Ann

clawrenz-2
6-Contributor

In the Adapter configuration you may want to use the show version of hostname with out the domain.

Use wcserver instead wcserver.domain.com<">http://wcserver.domain.com>

Best Regards,

Carsten Lawrenz
KALYPSO<">http://kalypso.com/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kalypsosig>
MOBILE
kalypsonian.com/Carsten.Lawrenz<">http://kalypsonian.com/Carsten.Lawrenz>

On Mar 7, 2015, at 9:48 AM, Mary-Ann Muth <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:

We migrated to new Windows 2008 servers this weekend, and things went fairly smoothly. However, I am not able to get my CAD Workers started.

I have updated the proeworker.bat file to point to the new application server. The CAD Worker server did not change (it was already a 2008 machine).

When I go to Worker Agent Administration, do a Reload, and then attempt to start one of the workers, I get the status "Fails to Start" I haven't been able to find any matching messages in the log files.

On the CAD Worker side, I can run the proeworker.bat. In the monitor.log file, I see:

Connecting to server on port

Connection established

Got INIT SUCCESS reply

But when I try to TestServer from the Adapter Configuration (using our .pvi file), I get

Testing Connection to server...Failed

Set keepalive ok

The CADAgent rejected the connection, is it configured for a PROE worker on machine (alias not set)?

Any ideas???

Thanks,

Mary-Ann

Hi Mary-Ann,

I would check below points

1. Check host name is correct by launching adapter.config file

2. telnet from both the machines should be success

3. check the shared directory for the worker, if its pointing to same location as before (if you do not have ftp configuration)

4. sometimes if worker instance is not running with admin rights, it would result fail to start issues

5. try to launch worker.bat file manually and refresh Worker agent administrator list

- Shashi
Top Tags