cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

CAD part created with API facing issue while check in to Windchill via creo in next iteration.

vuchekar
9-Granite

CAD part created with API facing issue while check in to Windchill via creo in next iteration.

Hi All,

I have created sample.prt cad part by using Windchill API. it's open in Creo as well.

check out and check in operation via browser are working.

but when check ed it out and do some modifications in it using creo, then trying to check in back to Windchill.

this operation was failed, check the event manager and found, it was failing to upload the new data to server,

below is error from event management,

Content category "" for content object "sample.prt" in the document "sample.prt" could not be found on server.

issue1.jpg

issue 2.jpg

How i can solve this ?

i have used  below  in my code,

EPMAuthoringAppVersion epmaav = EPMAuthoringAppVersion.newEPMAuthoringAppVersion(EPMAuthoringAppType.toEPMAuthoringAppType("PROE"), 30, "L-03");

my current creo version is creo 3.0M070.

Thanks,

Vivek

3 REPLIES 3
ttempel
6-Contributor
(To:vuchekar)

Vivek,

the method is the wrong one. You currently try to create a new EPMAuthoring Application Version. What you need to do is to reference to an existing one.

This can help you: Check in new EPMDocument with Windchill API's.

BR,

Tom

Hi Tom,

still getting same error.

still now we have complted this much,

1. EPMDocument created by using API.

2. It is Opening in creo.

3. it's searchable in Windchill.

4. its checked out by using creo.

5. model is editable in creo.

6. after completion of modification, while check in, Upload operation was fail, saying content object error as showed in above images.

how we can overcome this, if you have any sample code / documentation to overcome this error.

Thanks,

Vivek

prajna
6-Contributor
(To:vuchekar)

Hi All,

I have created EPM Document logical object.I am unable to attach primary content on that file.Can you please share primary content attachment API names so that i can proceed further.

Thanks

Prajna

Top Tags